I truly believe EVERY man should have a place he can retreat to. A place where there are no ‘rules’ to follow, but his own! A place where there are no Barbies, no designer fabrics he has to worry about possibly dirtying, no ‘Honey To-Do Lists’ posted, and ZERO feminine products! This utopia of masculinity is known as a Man Cave. A place where men can be men. Where drinking beer, burping, smoking cigars, leaving toilets seats up, and watching 2 different mounted, flat screen, HD televisions playing 2 different sports…AT THE SAME TIME is status quo.
I’ve put together a list of the top 10 items I believe every good Man Cave should have…
1. Your Man Cave must have a sign posted to indicate the presence and entrance to said Man Cave.
2. These items are Man Cave MANdatory! You must have 1, but preferably 2 or more, mounted, flat screen, HD televisions! This way you can watch more than one game at a time. Or, you can watch a game whilst a buddie is simultaneously playing PlayStation/XBox on the 2nd television.
3. Your Cave will need a large, oversized couch. As there WILL be nights when one or more of your buddies needs a safe place to ‘sleep it off’! What better place than your Man Cave?! Turn the lights off, shut the door, and your buddies can safely ‘hibernate’ through the night.
4. If your Cave has several full time dwellers this item is for you! Its a stackable refrigerator. So everyone has his own refrigerator space.
5. I know this for a FACT…it’s physically impossible for men to watch a game without eating! So your cave needs a BBQ. While your guests are waiting for their meat, they can serve themselves nachos from your Nacho Machine.
6. This next item, some men may put 1st as opposed to 6th. Its a Kegerator. This is exactly what sounds like, a refrigerator for your keg!
7. Install a dart board on the wall of your Man Cave. This is an easy, fun game to play that literally takes up no room!
8. Seeing how this is a Man Cave, and NOT a Woman’s Cave…a cigar humidor is in order. The exterior of a humidor may be made from any material. The interior, however, should be made with Spanish cedar wood. Why? This wood holds more moisture than most woods, so as to help maintain proper humidity. It also is not prone to warping from high humidity. The rich aroma from Spanish cedar is easily imparted into the cigars its holding. Lastly, Spanish cedar repels tobacco beetles.
9. What screams out Man Cave like an old school stand-up arcade game?
10. Last, but not least, every Man Cave should have a poker table. This is where money can be fairly, or unfairly, depending on your friends; won or lost amongst buddies.
Gentleman, my wish for all of you is to have a space to call your own! Your own MAN CAVE!